Contempt of Court Orders

Upholding The Will Of The Courts

When a court finalizes child custody, visitation, child support and spousal support plans, the expectation is that these arrangements will be followed. If they are not followed, the party at fault can be held in contempt of court.

At the Law Office of Ronald M. Stone, I have helped hundreds of families over the past 30 years efficiently and effectively handle enforcement actions in Massachusetts, since 1990, I have proudly served Metro Boston and surrounding counties. Whether you have questions about your situation or are ready to retain the services of a skilled family law attorney, I am ready to advocate on your behalf.

Enforcing Judgments Through Contempt Proceedings

When a parent fails to pay the required amount of child or spousal support, follow the terms of the child custody or visitation agreement, or comply with an order issued as part of divorce proceedings, they can be held in contempt of court. In Massachusetts, this can result in the issuing of temporary or final orders from the court, and if a person fails to comply with the order, repercussions may follow.

The expectation of a contempt of court order is that the person who failed to follow court orders takes steps to make amends, such as catching up with missed payments if the case involves unpaid child support, immediately adhering to a child custody order or complying with the terms of a divorce agreement. If a person fails to comply with the order, extreme measures may be taken, to include incarceration.

I take contempt of court proceedings very seriously, whether I am representing clients who need to file for contempt of court or who have been issued a contempt of court order. I consider myself to be a detail-oriented attorney, which means I look at all the facts before counseling my clients. I also pride myself on my ability to explain complex areas of the law in easy-to-understand terms. You can feel assured knowing you will have all the information you need to make smart decisions and take the right next steps in your contempt case.

Making Changes To Prevent Further Violations

If you are struggling to receive what is rightfully yours, a former partner is deliberately obstructing justice, or you have been issued a contempt of court order and need strong advocacy and guidance, turn to my law firm, the Law Office of Ronald M. Stone. I will put 30 years of legal experience to work for you.

Call my Ashland office at 508-431-4324 or send me an email. I pride myself on responding quickly to all inquiries by phone, email or in person. Contact me today.